Sunday 17 November 2013

D.I.Y. | Make-up Remover

This is probably one of the simplest things I have ever done. I love all things that are beauty related-creams, make-up, shampoo and more- but have you ever read what these products contain? I always try to buy the best quality products I can but it can be hard when the products in your budget contain a long list of unpronounceable chemicals. To my horror most of them contain silicones or even paraffin, the reason why your eyes burn when you are using the products. Some ever contain fragrance, which for people with sensitive skin like me, is one of the most horrible things ever.

So, after looking at some sensitive make-up removers in shops I decided to make my own. It cost me pennies and literally only took me a couple of seconds to make- you'll be amazed at how well it works!

shake it up before every use.....

Here goes:
4 tbsp water
1tbsp sunflower oil
(optional; just to make it feel nicer) 1 tsp glycerin

Pour it in a bottle and mix it all up. You're done.

It was that easy!

I have used sunflower oil as it is one of the lightest oils and can be easily washed off, but you could also use vegetable or sunflower oil if you don't have it. There is no need to rub, and I can assure you it removes even the most stubborn waterproof make-up! I follow up with a face wash to clean off the residue of the oil. Only thing is that it should be used up after around a week as the water can make the oil go off easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...