Sunday 25 May 2014

D.I.Y. How to wash Make up Brushes?

Apologies for not posting last week! I had to revise for some exams I hated (ugh, physics) and so I didn't have much time to post :(



However this week I'd like to show you how to do something essential for your make-up routine - my method for washing brushes! Cleaning them helps extend their life and is incredibly important as they can harbour dirt and bacteria. That's not very nice for your skin, is it?

I used to just wash mine in a bowl of soapy water but as it used to bit a bit drying, I recently discovered another method which really gets them looking soft, shiny and new.

You will need: 
Soap (shampoo, dish soap.....anything you want )
Olive Oil (to condition the brushes as they will have been stripped of moisture from the soap)
Bowl

1. Add 1 part oil to 1 1/2 parts soap in a bowl.

2. Take your first brush and swirl it around in the mixture, you should see the mixture changing colour as the make-up is coming off it!

3. Rinse under cold water until the water you squeeze out is clear.

4. Leave to dry flat or facing down on paper towels or the water may get trapped inside and create a loss of hair, damaging the brush. Make sure they are fully shaped and leave them overnight.

How often should you wash them? It depends on your usage but I'd say anything from every week to every month!

How do you wash your make-up brushes? Comment below! xx





2 comments:

  1. Def needed this ! I have ALWAYS had problems with washing my makeup brushes.

    Lets keep in touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi huge fan! can you or anyone check out my blog and leave a comment on my newest post on how you liked/what to improve on it!http://thoughtsofruby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...