After Easter the abundance of Easter eggs in my house was just getting too much, so I had to find a way to use up all the chocolate.
What did I do?
I found a very simple egg-free, wheat-free and banana-full recipe which is so quick it hardly requires any weighing.
Here it is:
3 ripe bananas
100g melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large handfuls of porridge oats
handful almonds, ground or chopped
2 handfuls of dried fruit
a pinch of cinnamon
100g chocolate, chopped into little bits
Makes about 25
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
2. In a mixing bowl mash the bananas, add the melted butter and the vanilla, giving everything a good mix.
3. Fold in the rest of the ingredients.
4. Space out the cookies on the baking sheet so there is enough space for them to expand. Roughly the size should be about 2 tsp each.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
They are best enjoyed when warm!