Sunday 5 October 2014

Make-up Staples

So- what should everyone's starter kit contain? I have put together a basic beginners guide as I don't think you need that many products, just enough to enhance your natural beauty.

Lip colour

Tinted lip balms moisture, condition, protect, but at the same time offer a slight bit of colour to make your lips pop. They are so much easier to upkeep than lipstick, and less sticky than lip gloss while offering the same shine, therefore I think it is the perfect compromise.

MUA Power Pout- £3.00 
My personal recommendation as they are nice and cheap but moisturise like a dream!

Concealer

If I only had time to wear 1 make-up product it would definitely be concealer! No spots and dark shadows under your eyes makes such a big difference- with the added advantage that it blends in seamlessly with your skin and goes undetected.
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer- £4.19
Been using this for years and it has never failed me, I only wish they would add more shades!

Mascara

Application of mascara is always one of the final touches, what brings the whole look together. Just this on your eyes makes you instantly look more polished.
Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam- £6.99
Check out my recent review on this mascara- the results where great!

Eyeliner

If you want your eyes to look bigger, rounder or more defined you can just draw a simple line above your eyes. Personally, I think a pen eye liner is the best to begin with as they don't smudge easily like pencil ones, and are much less fiddly than gel.
Bourjois Intuitive Liner- £6.99

My personal favourite as it has three different nibs placed next to each other which makes it so much easier to draw a winged liner.


Neutral eye shadow

A full palette, or quad is great as you can experiment with some basic colours and become comfortable with them They are wearable to anywhere, and using the darker colours in the crease, and brighter ones on brow bone and inner corner to highlight, you can go from day to night.

MUA Eyeshadow Palette Undressed- £4.00

I particularly love the MUA palettes as they are direct dupes of the more famous NAKED ones and so are a cheap alternative.

Hope this guide was helpful, please comment with your advice!

x

4 comments:

  1. i'm not sure if we have any of that over in the states, looks nice though!

    xx fameliquorlove // bloglovin // instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I'm guessing apart from Rimmel they are all European brands- x

      Delete
  2. Oooh I have that MUA palette too :D I love the colours in it :)

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...